Meet Our New Career Change Expert
Two of the biggest career questions I get are:
1) I’d like to change my career, but don’t know where to start.
2) I do know what I want to do in my career, but how do I get my first opportunity?
As much as I’d like to, I can’t actually give you one easy answer to that. I’d so like to, because if I could, I’d be one extremely rich woman.
Instead what I can do, is introduce you to our new Career Counsellor, Steven Solodky.
Steven talks career change tips on our latest podcast.
Steven runs a business called Career On The Road. He specialises in helping people make big changes in their careers based around their strengths, skills and values. And, as there is no point making a career change that’s unsustainable – ie you can’t afford it, Steven also helps people get to the heart of the issue – how am I going to make this work for me.
Here’s what we talk about in this 30 minute podcast.
– What are the big career questions that trouble Steve’s clients?
– How do you actually know if you are in the wrong career?
– What makes for a fulfilling job or career?
– What are the benefits of finding a career that’s right for you?
– How can you determine your strengths?
– What do employers look for in someone with no experience in that field?
– Why do employers not like to advertise?
– Where do employers look first before they advertise?
We talk about all this and a whole lot more.
Plus Steve shares his three top tips on how to make a successful career change.
To listen to the podcast, click here to download.
If you’d like to get in touch with Steve email: TeamIQ@interviewiq.com.au