Find out what really happens with your employer of choice!
One of the greatest of pleasures I have with managing this blog is that I get to speak with a lot of fascinating people who are doing innovative things to help people looking for a job. Today I’d like to welcome Justin Babet to the Interview IQ microphone.
Justin is the Co-Founder of www.jobadvisor.com.au. If you’re looking for a job, this is a site where you can read online reviews about your potential new employer. If you want to help people find a job you can write a review about your past and current employer.
Without getting too high on my soap box, you should be using sites like these. Justin estimates that 25% of people who begin a role, will not be there in 12 months time, so finding the right job is partly about getting some honest insights into what the company is all about.
Justin and I spoke on a whole host of things around Job Advisor, here are a few highlights:
- How to use the site? Should you just trust glowing or negative reviews on the site?
- What you need to look for in a good employer? (It’s different from what you think)
- Are you asking too much from an employer when you are looking for a job?
- How to ask the questions you need to ask, to find out what really happens with an employer?
- How companies are using this feedback, for better and for worse.
Justin also talks through some exciting plans he has for Job Advisor.
Click this link to listen and download the podcast to find out more about Job Advisor.
- Finding a mining job in Australia…..rich reward or perilous pitfall? Read the inside dirt from someone at the coal face!
- How to get a job when you don’t know where to start
- If you’ve recently arrived, here’s how to get a job in Australia
- An Update on Volunteering your way into a New Career.
- Podcast – how to manage your relationships with recruitment consultants