I have not published some of the comments as they have been anonymous.
I figure that it you’re proud of something you’ve said, you’ll put your name against it. But that’s a whole other story.
The truth is recruiters do some really bad stuff……and ……drum roll…..wait for it……. they do make some people happy as well.
As a starting point, think about this.
If you’re in a profession when you are dealing with peoples’ lives, and on average you are only going to make 1 in 3 or 4 happy (or not), that fact alone, makes the odds stacked heavily against everyone loving you.
This morning I was really pleased to see Donna Svei’s post pop up in my inbox.
Donna is the Founder of Avid Careerist and has a blog with a lot of great tips to help you find a job. She talks about background checking recruitment consultants using LinkedIn.
The beautiful thing about LinkedIn, is that the doors are now open.
All you have to do is take a little look.
Don’t make insanely dumb mistakes on LinkedIn. Get our FREE report (Plus some bonus tips to help make you look like the superstar you are)
In this report you’ll learn how to use LinkedIn more effectively and avoid the insanely dumb things people do when they don’t know how to use LinkedIn effectively.
You’ll get great tips on:
- Avoiding the insanely dumb things people do when they don’t know how to use LinkedIn
- Tips on how to create a powerful LinkedIn profile that will stand out to attract recruiters, headhunters and employers
- How to entice people to actually read all your LinkedIn profile to understand what you do, then seek to connect with you
- How to stay visible in searches, with very little work on your part
- Plus we’ll also send you great LinkedIn tips and special offers emailed directly to you…